Homemade Facial Mask with Green or Mung Bean
This is a simple and quick homemade recipe that will provide moisture, nutrition and improve the overall complexion of your skin. Mung bean is a great ingredient as it is full of vitamins and your skin will surely love you for it. Take care of yourself and spend the time to pamper your skin. You deserve it after all the hards days work.
Mung bean can be bought either online or from an asian grocery store near you. Just ask and they will direct you to the products.
The following are the required ingredients.
- Green bean also known as Mung Bean powder
- plain yogurt
- lavender oil 2 drops
- Rosemary oil 1 drop
- gauze(cloth) – this is optional
- Mix 50g of mung bean powder into the yogurt and stir until it thickens somewhat and sticks.
- Drop in the lavender and rosemary oils. Mix thoroughly.
- Before putting on the face mask, wash your face and then wet some cotton balls to put over your eyes once you have the face mask on.
- (Optional) Cut a gauze so that i covers your face. Soak it in water and then squeeze out the excess water.
- (Optional) Place the gauze on your face or cut it to fit your face if necessary. Some places sell disposable paper mask sheets which you just place on your face and then apply the mask recipe.
- Apply the facial mask mix and gently spread out the pack evenly.
- Be sure to apply on the nose, the lower part of your chin and neck.
- After 10-15 minutes, remove or wash off the face mask.
- Wash your face thoroughly and apply skin toner afterward to provide more moisture.
Wash Face Thoroughly
A natural face pack is good for the facial skin but if you don’t clean thoroughly, there is a high chance that leftovers will remain in your pores. This will only create new problems. Always cleanse properly and apply your favorite toner afterward to get the best results.